Skip to main content

My Introduction

My Introduction

By Eric McCarty


    This photo includes me:

My brothers and nephew.
along with my brothers, and my nephew.  My brother David on the left works in transportation.  My brother William, center, is a Marine set to separate and return home.  Both have done service.  My nephew, Jacob, has grown so much since this picture was taken.  I think we just returned from hunting on the farm.  We did something on the farm that day.
    I was born in Wichita Falls, Texas.  My earliest memories come from Springtown, Texas.  Over in Parker County.  I can still remember the yard, the tree in the backyard, the house, the spider infested shed.  I also remember a dog house.  Andy was the name of my Mother's Cocker Spaniel.  One day, I was out playing and I heard and saw an airplane fly overhead.  I remember thinking, "It would be neat to see a jet".  
    In the summer of 1988 my parents moved to Fort Worth.  I still can "see" my parents and my brother loading objects into the moving truck.  I vaguely remember how a bunch of people came and helped us move into the house in Fort Worth.  We could hear, see, and watch the jets from our backyard.  We had two dogs: Bridgett and Brandy.  My dad did school.  My Mom taught.  She now teaches at Martin. 
Teacher Mom, relaxing in Alexandria, Louisiana

 
My Dad, in the kitchen in Arlington, Tx

    In 1989 my father, who trained for aerospace, after being laid-off from the Oil and Gas industry.  We moved up to Everett, Washington, and on August 25th, 1989 I still can see the big moving trucks with all of our household goods.  My dad went to work for Boeing.  Now, he drives Grubhub and Uber.
    I also have two sisters.  Elizabeth and Meagan.  I have no pictures of them.  I will try and get a photograph of each of them.  They both have a family now.  
    While I grew up, we home schooled.  Because of being home schooled I developed many different interests.  Computers, History, films, music, World War II, Geography, computer games.  Also, I am a veteran.  I served in the United States Navy on active duty from 10MAR2003 until 21NOV2014.  While in San Diego, I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome.  I moved to Arlington to attend school.  I have taken classes at Tarrant County College (TCC) and University of Texas at Arlington (UTA).  I now work at Albertsons as a Courtesy Clerk and Sanitation Clerk.  I am a non-drilling reservist in the Navy.  Last but not least, I am a Christian.  After the COVID-19 and the election of Trump in 2020, I have taken a different view in life.  That is a wrap.  Please enjoy my blog.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas once more!!!

  Interesting.  I was listening to the Christmas music, I just shared moments ago.  Then, I found this verse on Facebook!  I just had to share it.  

The Messiah Comes

 My friends, brothers, and sisters.  Shalom.  JESUS is truthful.  JESUS saves.  JESUS is our Lord, Savior, and Friend.  He fulfilled the law.  So, that we will not be judged, you see by the law, but we will be judged by the Blood of JESUS.  The blood saves us, and makes us clean, before the Father.  We need to believe in JESUS to be saved.  Each of us will give an account to GOD.  BUT when we call on JESUS we will be saved.   I feel like I am in a prison, of hostility from a certain person.  I consider this, my thorn in the side.  For some reason, they will not even let me apologize.  I must honor this, because I said, "Thy will be done".  Never tell a woman, this.  Because there is a false teaching going about, that women do not need a savior- do not need JESUS.  Let me tell you, that JESUS went to women- if women did not need JESUS, He would not have gone to the woman at the well.  JESU...

Wear Masks and Social Distance

 Hi.  I am worn out like everyone else.  But we need to keep going.  We need to continue to wear masks and social distance.  These are the safety measures provided us to make it through the COVID pandemic.  The CDC is the authority yes, but that authority has already taught us what we need to do in order to make it through the pandemic. I woke up this morning and felt compelled to write "continue to wear masks and social distance". Over Memorial Day weekend.  My brother and two sisters went to San Marcos for the weekend.  I think they had a  nice adventure.  The first picture they showed on there Facebook, it looked like nothing was there.  But as they went along they showed pictures of the river, and more than one coffee place.  William, Elizabeth, and Meagan have several portrait photos of themselves.  They were smiling and happy.