Pinterestlink

Featured Posts

It’s OVER! We Have Passed the Point of NO Return! Jesus is COMING!

The author of this video, says the return of Jesus is imminent.  But I think the return of Jesus was imminent the moment He left earth.  I w...

Thursday, May 13, 2021

My Earliest Memories With My Mom

  My Earliest Memories With My Mom 

By Eric Poppy 

5/13/2021

    My earliest memories with my Mom I recall them like this.  I remember sitting in the car for instance, going from Springtown, Texas, to Shreveport, Louisiana.  Sitting in the back seat.  I can remember my brother being in the car.  So, it was after 1985.  I could see the difference in the soil the moment we crossed the state line.  Or, my Mom going into 7/11 and buying a drink.  A big gulp.  Tea or diet coke.  She would always give me and David a sip.  Or, when my Mom made a Mickey Mouse cut sandwich for me.  Watching Andy Griffith or Little House on the Prairie.  

    I do not have many pictures from this era.  But when I find some, I will upload them.  The pictures give proof of what happened.  Like they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words".  The pictures also give something visual.

    Speaking of pictures.  I remember when my Mom would go to take pictures of me, or the family.  She put so much effort into getting each picture correct.  It made me uncomfortable taking pictures.  But now, I am glad she did that.  I appreciate the effort now that I am older.

    Some of my memories when we lived in Fort Worth.  I remember going to swimming lessons.  Or, when Mom would wake up extra early before school.  She would make sandwiches for my brother and me for lunch.  Another time, right before we moved to Washington.  I remember how we went to an event at the school.  I won a basketball.  My brother won Chuck-E-Cheese coins.  We had fun with both.  Dad was there for that.  Or, when we went and watched the Fourth of July celebration that summer.  Or, early efforts of my Mom teaching me to read.


Me and my niece, Adelaide

One day.  My sister came over.  I was feeling down that day.  It sometimes happens.  But she let me spend some time with my little niece, Adelaide.  This made me feel happy.  I thought of how we might get to do fun things when she is older.  She has an older brother named Brice.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment