I like to come up with songs for the women in my life. But, in recent years, I have begun choosing hymns, gospel songs, and Christian music. This is because I think there is something sacred about doing this. I will begin by introducing my Mom's hymn. She used to play this on the piano I think, because when it plays I think of her. Enjoy!
Something I really appreciate about this one, is the imagery. First, and most important, you have JESUS, on the cross. But in glory, surrounded by Holy light. He also has several halos about Him. Doves, symbolizing the Holy Spirit, circle about, and its clearly a throne room, so the Father is present as well. The Trinity. I just noticed a second cross is present- lit up. Then, you have the gates: partly open. Welcoming the saints. On either side of the gates are two angels guarding them. Meanwhile, off to the right of Christ is the lamp stands, or candles representing the churches, I believe. Last but not least, we have a flat plane of gold it looks like, spread out before Christ on the cross. It sticks in my mind, and gives comfort. It is also a reminder of the price He paid for forgive our sins. Enjoy!
Comments
Post a Comment