Skip to main content

My Earliest Memories with My Dad

 My Earliest Memories With My Dad

    My earliest memories with my Dad from our time in Springtown.  I remember my Dad's Kawasaki C1000.  He would ride the trash out to the front in it.  I also remember seeing him do work in the oil fields.  One time, we went and had a picnic.  That was with Mom, and my brother.  We went in his company pickup truck.  I also remember his green pickup truck as well.  The Volkswagen Rabbit.  He would work on it from time to time.  I can still hear the clatter clatter of the diesel engine.  Or, of Dad preparing toast before he took us to church.  

    In Fort Worth.  My memories there are different.  It was after my Dad got laid-off from the oil fields.  My Dad was training for the Aero Space Industry.  He would also watch my brother David and me while we played in the backyard.  One time, we were digging for worms, and I found a coiled snake.  It was spitting its forked tongue at me.  I left my brother to go tell my Dad what I had found.  I thought I had done something wrong.  I actually thought it was just a big worm.  Instead of grabbing the "worm" I told my Dad about it.  He came back with my brother and reported it was a snake.  I also remember the Jets flying over the house.  F-16s and B-52s.  Everyday they would fly over.  I think they were taking off, which is why they were so loud.  Or the train behind the house.  How sometimes a train would go by.  Or a tester car on the rails.  

    We also went camping.  At Mineral Wells.  We fished, and my Mom and brother went for a walk.  That night.  Me and my brother were spooked by some coyotes howling in the distance.  I didn't think we should be out there any longer.  So, with my brother, we went to the car, the Volkswagen Rabbit, climbed in and locked the doors.  I remember trying to convince my brother to put the car into drive.  But we didn't have the keys.  My Mom and Dad were both outside.  So, I unlocked the doors instead.

    One last memory I have is of my brother and me playing on the tracks.  We only got to do that once.  The tracks were busy.  But it was neat to see the tracks up close.  Like in a western.  It made me feel like John Wayne.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas once more!!!

  Interesting.  I was listening to the Christmas music, I just shared moments ago.  Then, I found this verse on Facebook!  I just had to share it.  

The Messiah Comes

 My friends, brothers, and sisters.  Shalom.  JESUS is truthful.  JESUS saves.  JESUS is our Lord, Savior, and Friend.  He fulfilled the law.  So, that we will not be judged, you see by the law, but we will be judged by the Blood of JESUS.  The blood saves us, and makes us clean, before the Father.  We need to believe in JESUS to be saved.  Each of us will give an account to GOD.  BUT when we call on JESUS we will be saved.   I feel like I am in a prison, of hostility from a certain person.  I consider this, my thorn in the side.  For some reason, they will not even let me apologize.  I must honor this, because I said, "Thy will be done".  Never tell a woman, this.  Because there is a false teaching going about, that women do not need a savior- do not need JESUS.  Let me tell you, that JESUS went to women- if women did not need JESUS, He would not have gone to the woman at the well.  JESU...

Wear Masks and Social Distance

 Hi.  I am worn out like everyone else.  But we need to keep going.  We need to continue to wear masks and social distance.  These are the safety measures provided us to make it through the COVID pandemic.  The CDC is the authority yes, but that authority has already taught us what we need to do in order to make it through the pandemic. I woke up this morning and felt compelled to write "continue to wear masks and social distance". Over Memorial Day weekend.  My brother and two sisters went to San Marcos for the weekend.  I think they had a  nice adventure.  The first picture they showed on there Facebook, it looked like nothing was there.  But as they went along they showed pictures of the river, and more than one coffee place.  William, Elizabeth, and Meagan have several portrait photos of themselves.  They were smiling and happy.